Meeting agenda

From Einstein Toolkit Documentation
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Connection Details

We are using Zoom to host the Einstein Toolkit meetings. The meeting is sponsored by LSU.

Meeting Agenda

When adding a topic, please add your name next to the item you are proposing. Old meeting minutes can be found on the phone call minutes page.

Minutes should be plain text email, have subject "Meeting minutes for YYYY-MM-DD", and list the call participants. Here is an example. Please keep the line length to 72 characters or less to avoid broken lines due to reformatting by clients. After the call please send your minutes to users@einsteintoolkit.org, find the minutes email in the archives and link to it on this page.


2022-09-29

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Steve Roland (spontaneous)
  • vote on modules suggested for inclusion for next release [RH]
    • Canuda scalar and complex fields ticket -- proposed by Miguel Zilhao, reviewer is Taishi Ikeda
    • FLRW solver ticket -- proposed by Hayley Macpherson, needs review helper
    • SelfForce-1D ticket -- proposed by Samuel Cupp, reviewer is Peter Diener
    • NRPyEllipticET ticket -- proposed by Leo Werneck, Thiago Assumpcao, Zach Etienne, reviewers are Cheng-Hsin Cheng and Giuseppe Ficarra
  • ET release
  • [SC] New (in-progress) page on updating thorns to use PreSync
  • [SC] Seemingly missing boundary condition application in LeanBSSNMoL, Baikal, and BaikalVacuum (ticket #2648)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review


2022-09-22

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Leo Bruno (spontaneous)
  • vote on modules suggested for inclusion for next release [RH]
    • Canuda scalar and complex fields ticket -- proposed by Miguel Zilhao, reviewer is Taishi Ikeda
    • FLRW solver ticket -- proposed by Hayley Macpherson, needs review helper
    • SelfForce-1D ticket -- proposed by Samuel Cupp, reviewer is Peter Diener
    • NRPyEllipticET ticket -- proposed by Leo Werneck, Thiago Assumpcao, Zach Etienne, reviewers are Cheng-Hsin Cheng and Giuseppe Ficarra
  • ET release

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review


2022-09-15

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Steve Sam (spontaneous)
  • modules suggested for inclusion for next release, final review deadline on 2022-09-15 [RH]
    • Canuda scalar and complex fields ticket -- proposed by Miguel Zilhao, reviewer is Taishi Ikeda
    • FLRW solver ticket -- proposed by Hayley Macpherson, needs review helper
    • SelfForce-1D ticket -- proposed by Samuel Cupp, reviewer is Peter Diener
    • NRPyEllipticET ticket -- proposed by Leo Werneck, Thiago Assumpcao, Zach Etienne, reviewers are Cheng-Hsin Cheng and Giuseppe Ficarra
  • functionality to retire, needs advance warning [RH]
    • announce CoordGauge functinality removal from thorn (if possible)
    • announce removal of ADMBase and StaticConformal inheritance in TmunuBase. Likely only ever used for the "old style" Tmunu interface using ADMCoupling which has been removed already
    • announce (again, after 18 years) that "REQUIRES THORNS" is deprecated, remove use from ET thorns, disable parsing in next release, remove parsing code and code after that

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-09-08

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter Leo (spontaneous)
  • modules suggested for inclusion for next release, "does not harm" review deadline on 2022-09-01 [RH]
    • Canuda scalar and complex fields ticket -- proposed by Miguel Zilhao, reviewer is Taishi Ikeda
    • FLRW solver ticket -- proposed by Hayley Macpherson, needs review helper
    • SelfForce-1D ticket -- proposed by Samuel Cupp, reviewer is Peter Diener
    • NRPyEllipticET ticket -- proposed by Leo Werneck, Thiago Assumpcao, Zach Etienne, reviewers are Cheng-Hsin Cheng and Giuseppe Ficarra
  • functionality to retire, needs advance warning [RH]
    • announce CoordGauge functinality removal from thorn (if possible)
    • announce removal of ADMBase and StaticConformal inheritance in TmunuBase. Likely only ever used for the "old style" Tmunu interface using ADMCoupling which has been removed already
    • announce (again, after 18 years) that "REQUIRES THORNS" is deprecated, remove use from ET thorns, disable parsing in next release, remove parsing code and code after that

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.


2022-09-01

No ET call due to EU ET meeting.

2022-08-25

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Zach Roland (spontaneous)
  • modules suggested for inclusion for next release, "does not harm" review deadline on 2022-09-01 [RH]
    • Canuda scalar and complex fields ticket -- proposed by Miguel Zilhao, reviewer is Taishi Ikeda
    • FLRW solver ticket -- proposed by Hayley Macpherson, needs review helper
    • SelfForce-1D ticket -- proposed by Samuel Cupp, reviewer is Peter Diener
    • NRPyEllipticET ticket -- proposed by Leo Werneck, Thiago Assumpcao, Zach Etienne, reviewers are Cheng-Hsin Cheng and Giuseppe Ficarra
  • functionality to retire, needs advance warning [RH]
    • announce CoordGauge functinality removal from thorn (if possible)
    • announce removal of ADMBase and StaticConformal inheritance in TmunuBase. Likely only ever used for the "old style" Tmunu interface using ADMCoupling which has been removed already
    • announce (again, after 18 years) that "REQUIRES THORNS" is deprecated, remove use from ET thorns, disable parsing in next release, remove parsing code and code after that

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-08-18

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Yosef Roland (spontaneous)
  • modules suggested for inclusion for next release, "does not harm" review deadline on 2022-09-01 [RH]
    • Canuda scalar and complex fields ticket -- proposed by Miguel Zilhao, reviewer is Taishi Ikeda
    • FLRW solver ticket -- proposed by Hayley Macpherson, needs review helper
    • SelfForce-1D ticket -- proposed by Samuel Cupp, reviewer is Peter Diener
    • NRPyEllipticET ticket -- proposed by Leo Werneck, Thiago Assumpcao, Zach Etienne, reviewers are Cheng-Hsin Cheng and Giuseppe Ficarra
    • ID reader Elliptica ticket -- proposed by Alireza Rashti, reviewer is Beyhan Karakaş
  • move back to 9:00am time slot [YZ]
  • missing updates for gallery examples [RH]
  • functionality to retire, needs advance warning [RH]
    • announce removal of ADMBase and StaticConformal inheritance in TmunuBase. Likely only ever used for the "old style" Tmunu interface using ADMCoupling which has been removed already
    • announce (again, after 18 years) that "REQUIRES THORNS" is deprecated, remove use from ET thorns, disable parsing in next release, remove parsing code and code after that

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-08-11

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Beyhan Steve (spontaneous)
  • modules suggested for inclusion for next release, "does not harm" review deadline on 2022-09-01 [RH]
    • Canuda scalar and complex fields ticket -- proposed by Miguel Zilhao, reviewer is Taishi Ikeda
    • FLRW solver ticket -- proposed by Hayley Macpherson, needs review helper
    • SelfForce-1D ticket -- proposed by Samuel Cupp, reviewer is Peter Diener
    • NRPyEllipticET ticket -- proposed by Leo Werneck, Thiago Assumpcao, Zach Etienne, reviewers are Cheng-Hsin Cheng and Giuseppe Ficarra
    • ID reader Elliptica ticket -- proposed by Alireza Rashti, reviewer is Beyhan Karakaş
  • ask for gallery examples from new contributions [RH]
  • missing updates for gallery examples [RH]
  • functionality to retire, needs advance warning [RH]
    • announce removal of ADMBase and StaticConformal inheritance in TmunuBase. Likely only ever used for the "old style" Tmunu interface using ADMCoupling which has been removed already

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-08-04

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter Roland (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-07-28

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Leo Johnny (spontaneous)
  • modules suggested for inclusion for next release [RH]
    • Canuda scalar and complex fields ticket -- proposed by Miguel Zilhao, has reviewer suggestions
    • FLRW solver ticket -- proposed by Hayley Macpherson, needs review helper
    • SelfForce-1D ticket -- proposed by Samuel Cupp, has reveiwer
    • NRPyEllipticET ticket -- proposed by Leo Werneck, Thiago Assumpcao, Zach Etienne, needs reviewer
    • FUKA v2 (maybe, see announcement) -- not before 2023
    • ID readers for SGRID (not before 2023) and Elliptica ticket -- proposed by Alireza Rashti, needs reviewer
  • timeline for upcoming release [RH]
  • missing updates for gallery examples [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-07-21

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Beyhan Leo (spontaneous)
  • modules suggested for inclusion for next release [RH]
    • Canuda scalar and complex fields ticket -- proposed by Miguel Zilhao, has reviewer suggestions
    • FLRW solver ticket -- proposed by Hayley Macpherson, needs review helper
    • SelfForce-1D ticket -- proposed by Samuel Cupp, has reveiwer
    • NRPyEllipticET ticket -- proposed by Leo Werneck, Thiago Assumpcao, Zach Etienne, needs reviewer
    • FUKA v2 (maybe, see announcement) -- not before 2023
    • ID readers for SGRID (not before 2023) and Elliptica ticket -- proposed by Alireza Rashti, needs reviewer
  • timeline for upcoming release [RH]
  • missing updates for gallery examples [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-07-14

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Leo Johnny (spontaneous)
  • presentation on GitHub actions based CI framework by Hrishikesh Kalyanaraman [HK]
  • modules suggested for inclusion for next release [RH]
    • Canuda scalar and complex fields ticket -- proposed by Miguel Zilhao
    • FLRW solver ticket -- proposed by Hayley Macpherson
    • SelfForce-1D ticket -- proposed by Samuel Cupp
    • NRPyEllipticET ticket -- proposed by Leo Werneck, Thiago Assumpcao, Zach Etienne
    • FUKA v2 (maybe, see announcement) -- not before 2023
    • ID readers for SGRID (not before 2023) and Elliptica ticket -- proposed by Alireza Rashti
  • timeline for upcoming release [RH]
  • missing updates for gallery examples [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-07-07

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Steve Roland (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-06-30

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Yosef Miguel (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-06-23

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Steve Roland (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-06-16

No ET call due to ET summer school and workshop at UIdaho.

2022-06-09

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Beyhan Johnny (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-06-02

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter Miguel (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-05-26

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Yosef Atul (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-05-19

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Beyhan TBA (spontaneous)

Erik Schnetter presented on Spack.

Minutes are here.

2022-05-12

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
TBD Roland (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-05-05

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Beyhan Leo (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-04-28

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Leo Miguel (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-04-21

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Leo Miguel (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-04-14

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Roland Atul (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-04-07

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter Bill (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-03-31

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Roland Leo (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-03-24

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Yosef Miguel (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-03-17

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter Atul (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-03-10

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Leo Roland (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-03-03

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Steve B Bill G (spontaneous)
  • A cute new feature in kuibit inspired by snakeviz [GB]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-02-24

  • Presentation by Roland Haas, on how to set up simfactory on a new cluster, using NCAR's Cheyenne system as an example.notebook.
  • Push the chairs and minute takers back a week.

10 March: Chair: Leo Minutes: Roland

2022-02-17

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Yosef Z Miguel G (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-02-10

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter D Atul K (spontaneous)
  • Release planning [YZ, RH]
  • SPEC benchmark contribution [SB, RH]
  • Regenerating Kranc thorns [SB]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-02-03

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Roland H Maria BH (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-01-27

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Maria BH Miguel G (spontaneous)
  • release planning [YZ, RH]
  • ET hackathon [RH]
  • ET presentation series [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-01-20

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter D Bill G (spontaneous)
  • search for next ET release manager [RH]. From minutes from 2021-08-26

Steve agreed to be the manager with help from Yosef. Helvi, it is useful to have more than one person to do this. Steve, Roland left off the conditional that Steve will do it if Roland does this "soon," need not be the next release after.

  • FLRWSolver inclusion ticket [RH]
  • ET hackahton [RH]
  • ET presentation series [RH]
  • ET Jenkins server retirement [RH]
  • Suggestions for new inclusions to consider for the ET [RH]
    • Self force code [RH]
    • Full reprimand code / thorn [RH]
      • tabulated hot EOS in Reprimand?

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-01-13

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Yosef Z Steve B (spontaneous)
  • Visualization page on the website [GB]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2022-01-06

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Yosef Z Roland H (spontaneous)
  • SPEC benchmark contribution [SB, RH]
  • LORENE2 as default LORENE thorn in ET [RH]
  • Regenerating Kranc thorns [SB]
  • Regenerating NRP\y+ thorns [SB}
  • thorn to include in next release (May 2022, 4 months from now)
  • ET bug squashing call [BG, RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-12-16

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Steve B Bill G (spontaneous)
  •  ??

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-12-09

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter D Miguel G (spontaneous)
  • Next ET Release

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-12-02

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Yosef Z Bill G (spontaneous)
  • Next ET Release

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-11-18

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Roland H Atul K (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2021-11-11

Not ET meeting due to participation in Midwest relativity meeting 2021.

Code freeze for ET_2021_11 (Johnson) on 2021-11-12.

2021-11-04

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter D Leo W (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2021-10-28

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Roland H Miguel G (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-10-21

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Steve B Maria H (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

2021-10-14

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter D Bill G (spontaneous)


unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-10-07

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Roland H. Atul K. (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-09-30

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Yosef Z. Bill G. (spontaneous)
  • next ET release [SB, YZ, RH]
  • "hack-a-thon" to clean up tickets, documentation, web pages

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-09-23

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter D. Miguel G. (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-09-16

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Helvi Bill (spontaneous)
  • next ET release [SB, YZ, RH]
  • Seminar and tutorial series [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-09-09

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Steve B. Roland H. (spontaneous)
  • SPEC benchmark contribution task [RH, SB]
  • next ET release [SB, YZ, RH]
  • Jenkins server updates [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2021-09-02

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Yosef Z. Maria H. (spontaneous)
  • SPEC benchmark contribution task [RH, SB]
  • next ET release

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2021-08-26

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Helvi W. Bill G. (spontaneous)
  • SPEC benchmark contribution task [RH, SB]
  • next ET release mananger [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-08-19

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Steve Miguel G (spontaneous)
  • SPEC benchmark contribution task [RH, SB]
  • search for next ET release mananger [RH]
  • CarpetX activities update [RH]
  • MWRM21 at UIUC November 11 - 13, 2021 Thursday to Saturday

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2021-08-12

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter Atul (spontaneous)
  • SPEC benchmark contribution task [RH, SB]
  • search for next ET release mananger [RH]
  • FLRWSolver inclusion proposal [RH] [HM]
  • presentation: modernizing the ET EOS framework [WK]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-08-05

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Yosef None (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

No minutes are available.

2021-07-22

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Roland Bill (spontaneous)
  • SPEC benchmark contribution task [RH, SB]
  • search for next ET relase mamager [RH]
  • ET summer school update [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-07-15

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Roland Steve (spontaneous)
  • SPEC benchmark contribution task [RH, SB]
  • search for next ET relase mamager [RH]
  • ET summer school update [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

2021-07-08

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter Leo (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

2021-07-01

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter Roland (spontaneous)
  • SPEC benchmark contribution task [RH, SB]
  • Kuibit inclusion discussion [RH]
    • other codes to consider for inclusion
  • status of LORENE in the ET [RH]
  • search for next ET relase mamager [RH]
  • ET summer school update [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2021-06-24

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter Atul (spontaneous)
  • SPEC benchmark contribution task [RH, SB]
  • ET summer school update [RH]
  • Mugshots for ET gallery runners [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-06-17

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Roland Bill (spontaneous)
  • SPEC benchmark contribution task [RH, SB]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-06-10

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Steve Atul (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-06-3

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Steve Miguel (spontaneous)

Minutes are here.

2021-05-27

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Atul Bill (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-05-20

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter Maria (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-05-13

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Maria Roland (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-05-06

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Steve William G. (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-04-29

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter D Miguel G (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

2021-04-22

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Bill Atul (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-04-15

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Roland Bill (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-04-08

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter Steve (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-04-01

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Zach Roland (spontaneous)
  • SPEC benchmark contribution task [RH, SB]
  • release planning [RH]
  • making LORENE2 the default ET LORENE #2206 [RH. BG]
  • simfactory Python3 transition [RH, SB]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-03-25

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Maria B. Steven B. (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

No minutes.

2021-03-18

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Erik S. None (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

2021-03-11

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Steven Miguel G (spontaneous)
  • updating LORENE version in ET ticket 2206 email [Bruno Giacomazzo]
  • SPEC benchmark contribution task [RH, SB]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-03-04

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter D Bill (spontaneous)
  • SPEC benchmark contribution task [RH, SB]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here .

2021-02-25

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Steve B Atul K (spontaneous)
  • SPEC benchmark contribution task [RH, SB]
  • Simfactory usage survey results PDF online HTML [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2021-02-18

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter Maria BH (spontaneous)
  • NRPy+ LaTeX interpreter update [KS, ZE]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-02-11

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Roland Bill (spontaneous)
  • SPEC benchmark contribution task [RH, SB]
  • release planning [RH]
  • ET-US 2021 workshop planning [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-02-04

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Roland N/A (spontaneous)

Kuibit on github.io ... on Pypi ... on GitHub

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

2021-01-28

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Zach Miguel (spontaneous)
  • SPEC benchmark contribution task [RH, SB]
  • Simfactory survey [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2021-01-21

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Yosef Steve (spontaneous)
  • SPEC benchmark contribution task [RH, SB]
  • CarpetX tutorial announcement [RH, ES]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2021-01-14

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter Maria (spontaneous)
  • Obtaining old releases via GetComponents: ticket [FL]
  • Kuibit toolkit announce email [RH]
  • SPEC benchmark contribution task [RH, SB]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2021-01-07

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Maria Bill (spontaneous)
  • SPEC benchmark contribution task [RH, SB]
  • search for ET release team [RH]
  • simfactory usage survey, draft [RH]
  • BBH gallery inclusion of LIGO data [RH], see Minutes for 2020-09-03, the proposed figure
  • call for projects to be included in the next release [RH]
    • Simfactory Python3 support [SB, RH]
    • POWER #2413 [RH, MH]
    • con2prim updates for GRHydro paper #2414 [RH]
    • updates to Selfforce1D [PD]
    • Canuda updates and new features #2485 [MZ, HW]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2020-12-31

No ET meeting, due to winter break.

2020-12-24

No ET meeting, due to winter break.

2020-12-17

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Steve Ken (spontaneous)
  • SPEC benchmark contribution task [RH, SB]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2020-12-10

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter D. Zach (spontaneous)
  • SPEC benchmark contribution task [RH, SB]
  • server infrastructure issues over the last week [RH]
  • call for projects to be included in the next release [RH]
    • POWER #2413 [RH, MH]
    • con2prim updates for GRHydro paper #2414 [RH]
    • updates to Selfforce1D [PD]
    • Canuda updates and new features [MZ, HW]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2020-12-03

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Roland Miguel G. (spontaneous)
  • SPEC benchmark contribution task [RH, SB]
  • https://www.cactuscode.org now hosted on GitHub [RH]
  • proposed ET tutorial by Nick Choustikov: email thread arXiv [RH]
  • post release report [RH]
    • leftover issues
    • things to improve next time
    • call for projects to be included in the next release
  • ET on macOS BigSur [RH]
    • MacPorts and HomeBrew delays in supporting BigSur [RH]
    • ET on ARM macOS [RH]
  • chair and minute taker search [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2020-11-26

No meeting due to US Thanksgiving

2020-11-19

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Sam Bill (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2020-11-12

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter Zach (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2020-11-05

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Yosef Bill (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Meeting minutes are here.

2020-10-29

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Zach Maria (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Meeting minutes are here.

2020-10-22

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Maria Bill (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2020-10-15

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter Roland (spontaneous)
  • overlaps with 2nd ICERM tutorial (TBA) [RH, SB, ZE, HW]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2020-10-08

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Steve Miguel (spontaneous)
  • SPEC benchmark contribution task [RH, SB]
  • transition cactuscode.org to github pages [RH, SB]
  • upcoming release planning (7 weeks to go, 3 weeks to feature freeze, 2 weeks to have everything reviewed) [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2020-10-01

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Helvi Sam (spontaneous)
  • SPEC benchmark contribution [RH, SB]
    • deadline: Feb 2021
    • competition page: https://www.spec.org/cpuv8
    • steps required:
      • Step 1: Complete the legal paperwork. Submit a Search Program Proposal to SPEC through the entry form found at: https://www.spec.org/cpu/cpuv8/entry_form.html including:
        • Submitter's name and contact information (email address and shipping address),
        • Name of the application,
        • Programming(s) language used and approximate lines of code,
        • A description of what the application does and how it is used, and
        • A statement declaring that the Submitter has the authority to give SPEC the right to distribute the application as part of a SPEC benchmark suite.
  • moving from Jenkins to GitHub actions [RH]
  • upcoming release planning (7 weels to go) [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Meeting minutes are here.

2020-09-24

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter Diener Maria Babiuc-Hamilton (spontaneous)
  • SPEC benchmark contribution [RH, SB]
  • upcoming release planning (2 months to go) [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Meeting minutes are here.

2020-09-17

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Roland Haas Steve Brandt (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2020-09-10

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Zachariah Etienne Miguel Gracia (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Meeting minutes are here.

2020-09-03

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Yosef Zlochower Bill Gabella (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2020-08-27

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Zach Etienne Roland Haas (spontaneous)
  • gallery testing: tasks [RH]
    • BBH: Peter Schaffarczyk (Kiel), Atul Kedia (Notre Dame) In progress.
  • new tutorial server online https://etk.cct.lsu.edu [RH]
    • please update links in websites and tutorials, currently https://etkhub.ndslabs.org points to new server as well but might go away

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2020-08-20

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter Diener Maria Babiuc-Hamilton (spontaneous)
  • gallery testing: tasks [RH]
    • BNS: Shawn Rosofsky (UIUC). In progress, needs to be uploaded, some differences post-merger.
    • BBH: Peter Schaffarczyk (Kiel), Atul Kedia (Notre Dame) In progress.
  • status of for proposed inclusions [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review


Minutes are here.

2020-08-13

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Steve Brandt Bill Gabella (spontaneous)
  • gallery testing: tasks [RH]
    • BNS: Shawn Rosofsky (UIUC). In progress, needs to be uploaded, some differences post-merger.
    • BBH: Peter Schaffarczyk (Kiel), Atul Kedia (Notre Dame) In progress.
  • gcc-10 / gfortran-10 results [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2020-08-06

  • No Einstein Toolkit telecon due to the Einstein Toolkit Workshop

2020-07-30

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Steve Brandt Bill Gabella (spontaneous)
  • Online ET workshop, August 3-7 2020 [SB]
  • gallery testing: tasks [RH]
    • BNS: Shawn Rosofsky (UIUC). In progress, needs to be uploaded, some differences post-merger.
    • BBH: Peter Schaffarczyk (Kiel), Atul Kedia (Notre Dame) In progress.
  • gcc-10 / gfortran-10 results [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2020-07-23

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Zach Etienne Miguel Gracia (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

2020-07-16

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter Diener Bill (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2020-07-09

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Roland Steve (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2020-07-02

There was no call on July 2, 2020 due to the July 4 US holiday

2020-06-25

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter S. Roland (spontaneous)
  • mailing list rejecting Google gmail servers as spam. This happens on the sendmail level typically with a rejecting email 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [209.85.221.67] blocked using dnsbl.sorbs.net; Currently Sending Spam See: http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml?209.85.221.67. [RH]
  • gallery testing: tasks [RH]
    • BNS: Shawn Rosofsky (UIUC). In progress, needs to be uploaded, some differences post-merger.
    • BBH: Peter Schaffarczyk (Kiel), Atul Kedia (Notre Dame) In progress.
  • gcc-10 / gfortran-10 [RH]
  • test.cactuscode.org issues (SB)
  • Online ET workshop (SB)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2020-06-18

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Steve Bill (spontaneous)
  • gcc 10 issues [RH]
    • 2403
    • also affects CCTK_Reduce subroutines which is already incorrect F77 since they are variadic functions which FORTRAN never supported. Real world examples where this fails are known and were reported in 2004 by Roberto de Pietri.
    • also affects EOS_Omni, GRHydro
  • reviewers for proposed inclusions [RH]
  • gallery testing: tasks [RH]
    • BNS: Shawn Rosofsky (UIUC). In progress, needs to be uploaded, some differences post-merger.
    • BBH: Peter Schaffarczyk (Kiel), Atul Kedia (Notre Dame) In progress.
  • test.cactuscode.org issues (SB)
  • Online ET workshop (SB)
  • next chair(s) and minute taker(s)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

The minutes are here

2020-06-11

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter Maria (spontaneous)
  • Replacing cactuscode.org [SB]
  • A new tutorial server [SB]
  • gcc 10 issues [RH]
    • 2403
    • 2402
    • also affects CCTK_Reduce subroutines which is already incorrect F77 since they are variadic functions which FORTRAN never supported. Real world examples where this fails are known and were reported in 2004 by Roberto de Pietri.
  • reviewers for proposed inclusions [RH]
    • include proposed thorns for which there is interest now
  • gallery testing: tasks [RH]
    • BNS: Shawn Rosofsky (UIUC). In progress, needs to be uploaded, some differences post-merger.
    • BBH: Peter Schaffarczyk (Kiel), Atul Kedia (Notre Dame) In progress.
  • next chair(s) and minute taker(s)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

The minutes are here


2020-06-04

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Zach Bill (spontaneous)
  • next modules proposed for inclusion [ZE]
  • BBH gallery example [AK]
    • These figures are a little unintuitive and confusing in the current order...(more description), we would like to (1). rearrange... and (2). write ... do you object to these changes?
  • gfortran 10 failures [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2020-05-28

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Steve Roland (spontaneous)
  • code freeze today [RH]
  • Turing announcement [RH]
  • Release testsuite results [RH]
  • bugs of severity major or worse
  • gallery testing: tasks [RH]
    • TOV: Brock Brendal (UIUC). Done.
    • BNS: Shawn Rosofsky (UIUC). In progress, trouble.
    • BBH: Peter Schaffarczyk (Kiel), Atul Kedia (Notre Dame) In progress, trouble.
    • Poisson: Bil Gabella (Vanderbilt)
    • Multipatch scalar wave: Beyhan Karakaş (Ege University) Done once, with older code.

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2020-05-21

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Roland Federico (spontaneous)
  • North American ET workshop at LSU. Postpone until next year?
  • release status [RH]
    • define groups to be included in release team. Suggested members:
      • release coordinator(s)
      • test runner(s)
      • gallery example runner(s)
      • anyone putting in work specifically for the release
      • reviewer(s)
    • should all contributors be mentioned by name in release announcement.
      • Eloisa Bentivegna (Multipole tests)
      • Erik Schnetter (various)
      • Federico Cipolletta (EOS Omni temp(eps))
      • Frank Löffler (Presync)
      • Giuseppe Ficarra (SuperMUC-NG)
      • Ian Hinder (Darwin support in flesh)
      • Jascha Schewtschenko (Sciama machine)
      • Miguel Zilhao (lean_public symmetries)
      • Philipp Moesta (Summit)
      • Roland Haas (various)
      • Samuel Cupp (presync)
      • Steven R. Brandt (various)
      • Zachariah Etienne (Baikal)
    • Release testsuite results [RH]
    • bugs of severity major or worse
    • other open tickets flagged for the next release
  • gallery testing: tasks
    • TOV: Brock Brendal (UIUC). Done.
    • BNS: Shawn Rosofsky (UIUC). In progress.
    • BBH: Peter Schaffarczyk (Kiel), Atul Kedia (Notre Dame) In progress.
    • Poisson: Bil Gabella (Vanderbilt)
    • Multipatch scalar wave: Beyhan Karakaş (Ege University) Done once, with older code.

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2020-05-14

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Zach Maria (spontaneous)
  • update on potential codes to be included in next release, from minutes [RH]
  • feature freeze today, timeline [RH]
  • deprecation announcement for ET_2020_05 [RH]
    • non-piraha parser in CST will be removed (will fail to parse READS / WRITES already)
    • READS / WRITES for non-existing variables will be a CST error, instead of a runtime error when the READS is encountered
    • decide on change to default 4th order accurate 2nd order diff op in SummationByParts
  • Release testsuite results [RH]
  • gallery testing: tasks
    • TOV: Brock Brendal (UIUC)
    • BNS: Shawn Rosofsky (UIUC)
    • BBH: Peter Schaffarczyk (Kiel), Atul Kedia (Notre Dame)
    • Poisson: Bil Gabella (Vanderbilt)
    • Multipatch scalar wave: Beyhan Karakaş (Ege University)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review


Minutes are here

2020-05-07

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Roland Bill (spontaneous)
  • improve interpolation in tabulated EOS in EOS_Omni [FC]

Proposed modification to the EOS_Omni thorn: I would like to discuss the possibility of including the patch to the EOS_Omni thorn proposed in the pull request that you can find at https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/einsteineos/pull-requests/6/enhancement-to-newton-raphson-and/diff and tracked in the ticket at https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2383/enhancement-to-newton-raphson-and. Although the modification may appear as minor, in my opinion, it could be relevant in some cases when adopting tabulated EOS (in particular in case of weak energy dependence on temperature).

Best Regards, Federico Cipolletta.

  • update on potential codes to be included in next release, from minutes [RH]
    • BaikalETK (Zach, Helvi)
    • PreSync (Steve, Roland)
  • tickets with bugfixes to review before freeze [RH]
  • feature freeze in 7 days, timeline [RH]
  • slow compile of Baikal code with gcc 9.3.0 on OSX [RH]
    • takes about 30 minutes to compile 8th order FD RHS using gcc 9.3.0 using -O1 and -march=core2
    • Zach and Roland have been looking into this
    • slowness goes away if one uses gcc -O1 --help=optimizers which claims to report the options that are used by -O1
    • not observed on Linux
  • deprecation announcement for ET_2020_05 [RH]
    • non-piraha parser in CST will be removed (will fail to parse READS / WRITES already)
    • READS / WRITES for non-existing variables will be a CST error, instead of a runtime error when the READS is encountered

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2020-04-30

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Helvi Steve (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2020-04-23

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Steve Bill (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2020-04-16

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter Maria (spontaneous)
  • future of the ET [RH]
    • NSF to fund development of the CarpetX framework based on AMReX, the NRPy+ code generation framework, the science framework Canuda at UIUC, RIT, WVU, GT, LSU
    • duration: July 1st, 2020 - June 30th, 2024
    • CarpetX -- a new mesh refinement driver and interface between AMReX, a software framework containing the functionality to write massively parallel block-structured adaptive mesh refinement (AMR) code, and Cactus, a framework for building a variety of computing applications in science and engineering;
    • NRPy+ -- a user-friendly code generator based on Python; and
    • Canuda -- a new physics library to probe fundamental physics.
  • update on potential codes to be included in next release, from minutes [RH]
    • BaikalETK (Zach, Helvi)
    • PreSync (Steve, Roland)
  • timeline of upcoming release [RH]
  • Release testsuite results [RH]
  • gallery testing: tasks
    • volunteers needed, please volunteer (someone) [RH]
      • TOV: Brock Brendal (UIUC)
      • BNS: Shawn Rosofsky (UIUC)
      • BBH: Alois Schaffarczyk (Kiel)
      • Poisson: Bil Gabella (Vanderbilt)
      • Multipatch scalar wave: Beyhan Karakaş (Ege University)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2020-04-09

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Roland Helvi (spontaneous)
  • update on potential codes to be included in next release, from minutes [RH]
    • BaikalETK (Zach, Helvi)
    • PreSync (Steve, Roland)
  • timeline of upcoming release [RH]
  • Release testsuite results [RH]
  • gallery testing: tasks
    • volunteers needed, please volunteer (someone) [RH]
      • TOV: Brock Brendal (UIUC)
      • BNS: Shawn Rosofsky (UIUC)
      • BBH: Alois Schaffarczyk (Kiel)
      • Poisson: Bil Gabella (Vanderbilt)
      • Multipatch scalar wave: TBD

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2020-04-02

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Steve Bill (spontaneous)
  • update on potential codes to be included in next release, from minutes [RH]
    • BaikalETK (Zach, Helvi)
    • PreSync (Steve, Roland)
  • timeline of upcoming release [RH]
  • Release testsuite results [RH]
  • gallery testing: tasks
    • volunteers needed, please volunteer (someone) [RH]
      • TOV: Brock Brendal (UIUC)
      • BNS: Shawn Rosofsky (UIUC)
      • BBH: TBD
      • Poisson: Bil Gabella (Vanderbilt)
      • Multipatch scalar wave: TBD

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2020-03-26

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Helvi Steve (spontaneous)
  • Volunteers for call chair & minute taker for next weeks. [RH]
  • ET meeting at LSU in August [RH]
  • update on potential codes to be included in next release, from minutes [RH]
    • BaikalETK (Zach, Helvi)
    • IllinoisGRMHD upgrades (Zach, Roland)
    • PreSync (Steve, Roland)
  • timeline of upcoming release [RH]
  • Release testsuite results [RH]
  • trivial or minor bugs tagged for the next release, all bugs of severity major or worse (should be definition be fixed before the release)
  • other open tickets flagged for the next release
  • gallery testing: tasks
    • volunteers needed, please volunteer (someone) [RH]
      • TOV: Brock Brendal (UIUC)
      • BNS: Shawn Rosofsky (UIUC)
      • BBH: TBD
      • Poisson: Bil Gabella (Vanderbilt)
      • Multipatch scalar wave: TBD

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2020-03-19

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Roland Bill (spontaneous)
  • update on potential codes to be included in next release, from minutes [RH]
    • BaikalETK (Zach, Helvi)
    • IllinoisGRMHD upgrades (Zach, Roland)
    • PreSync (Steve, Roland)
  • timeline of upcoming release [RH]
  • trivial or minor bugs tagged for the next release, all bugs of severity major or worse (should be definition be fixed before the release)
  • other open tickets flagged for the next release
  • gallery testing: tasks
    • volunteers needed, please volunteer (someone) [RH]
      • TOV: Brock Brendal (UIUC)
      • BNS: Shawn Rosofsky (UIUC)
      • BBH: TBD
      • Poisson: TBD
      • Multipatch scalar wave: TBD

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2020-03-12

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Zach Maria (spontaneous)
  • Volunteers for call chair & minute taker for next weeks.
  • SPEC CPU v8 benchmark [RH]
  • update on potential codes to be included in next release, from minutes [RH]
    • BaikalETK (Zach, Helvi)
    • IllinoisGRMHD upgrades (Zach, Roland)
    • PreSync (Steve, Roland)
  • timeline of upcoming release [RH]
  • find name for new release. Suggestions:
    • Lorentz
    • DeWitt
    • Feynman
    • Turing
    • Planck
    • Zwicky
    • Heisenberg
    • Schroedinger
  • functionality to be marked as deprecated in release notes:
    • incorrect READ / WRITE statements will be an error after this release
    • anything else?
  • trivial or minor bugs tagged for the next release, all bugs of severity major or worse (should be definition be fixed before the release)
  • other open tickets flagged for the next release
  • gallery testing: tasks
    • volunteers needed, please volunteer (someone) [RH]
      • TOV: Brock Brendal (UIUC)
      • BNS: Shawn Rosofsky (UIUC)
      • BBH: TBD
      • Poisson: TBD
      • Multipatch scalar wave: TBD

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2020-03-05

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter Roland (spontaneous)
  • update on potential codes to be included in next release, from minutes [RH]
    • BaikalETK (Zach, Helvi)
    • IllinoisGRMHD upgrades (Zach, Roland)
    • PreSync (Steve, Roland)
  • timeline of upcoming release [RH]
  • US ET meeting in August at LSU [RH]
    • status of announcement
  • News about Carpet's website? Is the content backed up? If so, can we set up a static version somewhere? Would be nice to see it online again. [ZE]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2020-02-27

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Ian Steve/Roland (spontaneous)
  • Volunteers for call chair & minute taker for next weeks.
  • SPEC CPU v8 benchmark [SB]
  • update on potential codes to be included in next release, from minutes [RH]
    • BaikalETK
    • IllinoisGRMHD upgrades
    • Python / NRPy+ TOV code
    • PreSync
    • python3 in simfactory
    • self-force code
  • timeline of upcoming release [RH]
  • websites related to the ET
    • cactuscode.org [IH]
      • Problems with test.cactuscode.org DNS
    • carpetcode.org [RH]
    • simfactory.org [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2020-02-20

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Steve Bill (spontaneous)
  • update on potential codes to be included in next release, from minutes [RH]
    • BaikalETK code from Zach
    • Upgrade to IllinoisGRMHD
    • Zach also has a student who might want to contribute a new TOV code, with piecewise-polytrope (now) and tabulated EOS support (soon) (NRPyTOVID)
    • Steve would like to get Presync in
    • Peter says that he will have updates to the self-force code

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2020-02-13

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter Maria (spontaneous)

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2020-02-06

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Zach Roland PreSync: the Data Dependent Task Scheduler (SB)
  • Are we ready to turn off CactusCode.org? [SB]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2020-01-30

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Peter Maria Numerical Relativity in Spherical Coordinates (VM)
  • update rota (chair + minute taker) for the next meetings
  • status of proposed new thorns [HW]
    • self-force code by Peter Diener et al

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2020-01-23

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Roland Helvi Cosmology and Particles
  • present: Alois Schaffarczyk, Bill Gabella, Christopher Evans, Leo Werneck, Liu Haoyang, Maria Babiuc-Hamilton, Roland Haas, Zach Etienne
  • status of proposed new codes for the next release:
    • new TOV solver created with NRPy+
      • c- and python-based version
      • includes a broader range of EoS, including piece-wise polytrops
      • could possibly replace current TOV solver in ET
      • Action item: create ticket for code review; ensure that it is backwards compatible with current TOV solver
    • self-force code -> next week
  • ET EU meeting status -> next week
  • elect release coordinator for next release (2020_04) [RH]
    • Please volunteer to coordinate the next release!
    • elect coordinator next week
  • Update on "Cosmology and Particles" Working Group
    • currently 19 members with diverse scientific background covering cosmology, modified gravity, high energy physics and numerical relativity
    • Activities:
      • monthly calls
      • discussion and presentation of dedicated topics to foster new collaborations
      • development of new thorns and code revisions; benchmark between different codes
    • Current status:
      • group has been dormant
      • Please step forward if you would like to steps forward as co-chair!
  • Open tickets
    • thread safety in Cactus; see ticket [1]
    • Erik fixed bug in CCTK_TraverseString; see ticket [2]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2020-1-16

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Helvi Steve IllinoisGRMHD: Slides
  • formally requiring C++11 in all of Cactus ticket [RH]
  • update on potential codes to be included in next release, from minutes [RH]
    • Baikal ETK code from Zach
      • Helvi volunteered to review
      • Zach thinks it's ready to review now, he's been working on documentation
      • It does not generate a monolithic thorn, you have to specify finite difference order gauge, etc., at the time the thorn is genereated. Maybe many of these can be runtime?
    • Spherical BSSN and Spherical MHD from vasilly
      • Manuella wants an applications paper with both before she makes the thorns open source, these thorns probably won't be in the next release.
    • Upgrade to illinois GRMHD
      • Notebooks in repo serve as documentation (no review for documentation update is required)
      • Piecewise polytropic equation of state is added
      • Not a big review task, Roland agreed to do this
    • Zach also has a TOV code which he might want to contribute
    • Steve would like to get Presync in
    • Peter says that he will have updates to the self-force code
  • upcoming APS meeting [RH]
    • who is attending

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2020-1-9

call chair minute taker Working Group Update
Steve Bill Performance Optimization
  • AMReX work with Erik, Steve slides [RH]
  • Einsteintoolkit Toolkit Workshop in August

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

There were no calls on Dec 19, 26, and January 2 (2020) due to the holidays.

2019-12-12

call chair minute taker
Zach Roland
  • discussion on status and running of working groups [ZE]
  • link cactuscode.org into einsteintoolkit.org [SB]
  • upgrades to associated libraries (e.g. canuda/lean_public) and review policy [HW, MZ]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here.

2019-12-05

call chair minute taker
Peter Helvi
  • Present: Maria Babiuc-Hamilton, Chris Evans, Peter Diener, Zach Etienne, Antoni Ramos Buades, Bill Gabella, Roland Haas, Steve Brandt, HW
  • progress in "NRPy+-fying" IllinoisGRMHD [Zach + student]
    • goal: make code more flexible to easily add, e.g., new EoS, extendend field equations, etc
    • first successful simulation of BNSs with new implementation
  • email from (some) GMail servers rejected by mailing list a potential spam [RH]
    • spam filter rejects some gmail servers; affects colleagues whose institutions use gmail for university addresses
    • possibly add info about this issue on contact website to contact us
    • investigate setup of mailing list server
  • link release doi to inspires [HW]
    • Steve added Inspire HEP community to those listed on the ET Zenodo site [3] so that it appears in inspires database
  • Peter planning to update the McLachlan documentation shortly
  • Roland found fix for failing tests on Jenkins server
  • Roland suggests mechanism to add requested and suggested citations for thorns employed during a simulation at runtime; see Ticket 2254


  • Next week:
    • discussion on status and running of working groups [ZE]
    • link cactuscode.org into einsteintoolkit.org [SB]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here

2019-11-28

No call, due to Thanksgiving holiday in the US

2019-11-21

call chair minute taker
Zach Maria

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review

Minutes are here (incorrect date in subject)

2019-11-14

call chair minute taker
Helvi Steve
  • Next release planning [HW]
    • thorns to be included and assign reviewers
    • internal timelines
  • ET status on macOS [RH]
    • Mojave vs. Catalina
    • Macports, HomeBrew
    • hanging 2 rank tests using newest MacPorts (both Mojava and Catalina): constraints_spherical (from CT_MultiLevel), poisson (from CT_MultiLevel), test7patch (from Coordinates), qlm-minkowski (from QuasiLocalMeasures).
    • hanging 2 ranks test using newest HomeBrew (Mojava): constraints_spherical (from CT_MultiLevel), poisson (from CT_MultiLevel), test7patch (from Coordinates), memspeed (from MemSpeed)
  • Update on Gallery Examples

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time / tickets ready for review


Minutes are here

2019-11-07

call chair minute taker
Roland Bill
  • Next release planning: Ideas for new features, improvements
  • BBH gallery example [RH]
  • BNS gallery example [RH]
  • rota of minute takers and call chairs [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time

Minutes are here

2019-10-31

  • no pre-call agenda

Minutes are here

2019-10-24

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time

Minutes are here

2019-10-17

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time

Minutes are here

2019-10-10

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time

Minutes are here

2019-10-03

  • upcoming ET release [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time

Minutes are here

2019-09-26

  • upcoming ET release [RH]
  • how to encourage (external) users to review tickes, report bugs, provide bugfixes [RH]

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time

Minutes are here

2019-09-19

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time

Minutes are here

2019-09-12

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time

Minutes are here

2019-08-29

Minutes are here

2019-08-22

Minutes are here

2019-08-15

Minutes are here

2019-08-08

Minutes are here

2019-08-01

  • Issue with docs.einsteintoolkit.org seems to be fixed. (Steve)
  • help me fill in http://einsteintoolkit.org/developers.html for Zenodo (Steve)
  • Discussion of the release (Steve)
  • London Workshop (Steve)
  • Adding the Self-Force code to the ETK (Steve)

Minutes are here

2019-07-25

2019-07-18

  • Need to switch to recommending citation by DOI
  • A couple of Jupyter notebook tutorials for new users, ready to share. (E West)

Meeting minutes are here.

2019-07-11

  • A couple of Jupyter notebook tutorials for new users, ready to share. (E West)

2019-06-27

  • Neutron star evolutions: Can Cactus get in this game? Currently, it lacks spherical coordinate support, which is needed to preserve angular momentum. Is the correct solution to use Thomas Baumgarte's recent work which he presented at the 2019 ETK workshop, or follow the solution used by Octotiger?

Minutes are here

2019-06-13

Minutes are here.

2019-06-06

  • North American ET Meeting 17-19 June 2019 in Rochester, US
    • Please register!
    • Link
    • Broadcast via bluejeans (link TBA)
  • European ET Meeting 2-6 September 2019 in London, UK
    • Please register (deadline 31 July 2019)
    • Link
  • Change citation policy for Einstein Toolkit
    • cite code directly via a DOI reference instead of only quoting the paper by Loeffler et al 2011
    • information on this topic, see e.g. D. Katz' talk about software citation and sustainability at Charm++ workshop at NCSA starting at page 19
    • in practise: likely update DOI after each release
    • maybe example for current release
    • *new policy activated from 12 July 2019 onwards if there are no objections*
  • Memory increase during regridding (ET Trac #2194)
    • again observed memory increase after regridding which can be a bottleneck for large-scale simulations
    • check parameter file and plot on trac; Roland checking latest report
    • ping Erik
  • Gallery examples will be updated
    • TOV: small version for online/jupyter tutorial needs to be uploaded
    • BBH: in progress
    • BNS: in progress
  • Self-force code by Peter Diener et al
    • possibly included in the next ET release
    • currently in different repositories; possible restructuring to make inclusion more straight-forward;

Minutes are here

2019-05-30

  • Citing Einstein Toolkit and other scientific software by Dan Katz
  • re-run gallery examples
    • BBH: in progress
  • update tov example parfile in tutorial: note

Minutes are here.

2019-05-23

Minutes are here.

2019-05-16

  • suggestions for new improvements to be included in the ET
    • Zach has a new version of Giraffe written in NRPy
    • Zach has Fisbone-Moncrief disk intial data thorn
    • cleaned up versions of Giraffe and IllinoisGRMHD
    • Peter's self-force code is getting closer to be included
    • SphericalBSSN should be open sourced by August, maybe before the next meeting
    • more gallery examples for IllinoisGRMHD, Proca
    • PreSync is getting closer
  • ET citation for each release
    • currently only have original ET paper and GRMHD paper which no longer reflect active ET contributors
    • separate out credit for contributed thorns (have requested-for and suggested-for citations) and periodic ET release
  • re-run gallery examples
    • BBH: in progress
    • TOV: in progress, should be fixed soon
    • BNS: Peter
  • ET meeting at RIT in June
  • unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time

Minutes are here.

2019-05-09

Minutes are here

2019-05-02

  • no ET call

2019-04-25

  • no explicit agenda due to server issues

Minutes are here

2019-04-18

  • no ET call

2019-04-11

Meeting minutes are here

2019-04-04

  • re-run gallery examples
    • BBH: volunteer needed
    • Poisson equation: volunteer needed
    • Scalar field using Multipatch code: volunteer needed
    • TOV: volunteer needed
    • BNS: Peter
  • suggestions for new improvements to be included in the ET
  • ET meeting at RIT in June
  • ET meeting at KCL in September
  • unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time

Meeting minutes are here

2019-03-28

  • ET release [RH]
    • due to be released before April
    • BNS gallery example
    • WVU_Diagnostics status - oked by reviewer
    • Proca status - oked by reviewer in minutes
    • Lean status - oked by reviewer
    • ET testsuite status [RH]: http://einsteintoolkit.org/testsuite_results/index.php
      • there are no new failing test on BlueWaters compared to the last release
      • osx-homebrew on High Sierra hangs in (at least some) 2 MPI rank tests, specifically CarpetProlongateTest
      • bethe tests show non-reprodcible failure, failing with fatal PETSC error:
        [0]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message --------------------------------------------------------------
        [0]PETSC ERROR: Invalid argument
        [0]PETSC ERROR: Scalar value must be same on all processes, argument # 3
        [0]PETSC ERROR: See http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html for trouble shooting.
        [0]PETSC ERROR: Petsc Release Version 3.5.2, Sep, 08, 2014
        [0]PETSC ERROR: Cactus on a arch-linux2-c-debug named bethe.tapir.caltech.edu by rhaas Wed Mar 27 18:58:51 2019
    • release relevant tickets
  • unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time

Meeting minutes are here

2019-03-21

Please keep in mind that the US switched to daylight saving time on March-10-2019 meaning the call is at 9AM CDT / 3pm CET (instead of the usual 4pm CET).

  • ET release [RH]
    • due to be released before April
    • BNS gallery example
    • WVU_Diagnostics status
    • Proca / Lean status
    • ET testsuite status [RH]: http://einsteintoolkit.org/testsuite_results/index.php
      • there are no new failing test on BlueWaters compared to the last release
      • osx-homebrew on High Sierra hangs in (at least some) 2 MPI rank tests, specifically CarpetProlongateTest
      • teukolsky (from NPScalars) is a new test that fails on wheeler, stampede2-skx,
    • release relevant tickets
  • ET tutorial server [RH]
    • Bill gave it a test
    • Steve, Roland working on getting docker image to work. New image up and running at https://etkhub.ndslabs.org
    • ironing out issues with hosting, mostly cleared out, there may still be timeouts.
  • Python 2.7 end of life coming soon. What do we do about Simfactory? [SB]
  • unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time

Meeting minutes are here

2019-03-14

Please keep in mind that the US switched to daylight saving time on March-10-2019 meaning the call is at 9AM CDT / 3pm CET (instead of the usual 4pm CET).

Minutes are here

2019-03-07

Minutes are here

2019-02-28

Minutes are here

2019-02-21

Minutes are here

2019-02-14

Minutes are here

2019-02-07

Minutes are here

2019-01-31

Minutes are here

2019-01-24

Minutes are here

2019-01-17

Minutes are here

2019-01-10

Minutes are here

2018-12-17

No advance agenda.

Minutes are here

2018-12-10

Minutes are here

2018-12-03

There was no advance agenda.

Minutes are here

2018-11-26

There was no advance agenda.

Minutes are here

2018-11-19

Minutes are here

2018-11-12

  • no meeting on 2018-11-12 due to overlap with Supercomputing 2018

2018-11-05

Minutes are here

2018-10-29

  • no formal agenda

Minutes are here

2018-10-22

Minutes are here

2018-10-15

  • no formal agenda

Minutes are here

2018-10-08

  • no formal agenda

Minutes are here

2018-10-01

Minutes are here

2018-09-24

Minutes are here

2018-09-03

Minutes are here

2018-08-27

Minutes are here

2018-08-20

Minutes are here

2018-08-13

Minutes are here

2018-08-06

Minutes are here

2018-07-30

  • wiki editing without accounts [RH]
  • memory consumption in BBH simulations [RH]
  • upcoming ET release in September [RH]
  • unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets without responses

Minutes are here.

2018-07-23

  • Working group updates
  • wiki editing without accounts [RH]
  • SSL certificate for wiki server expiring August 18th [RH]
  • tutorial server still down [RH]
  • upcoming ET release in September [RH]
  • unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets without responses

Minutes are here

2018-07-16

  • upcoming ET release in September [RH]
    • status of gallery examples [RH]
      • BBH
      • Poisson equation
      • Scalar field using Multipatch code
      • TOV
      • BNS
    • milestones: from trac [RH]
  • unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets without responses

Minutes are here

2018-07-09

  • upcoming ET release in September [RH]
    • status of gallery examples [RH]
    • thorns to include [RH]
  • unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets without responses

Minutes are [4]

2018-07-02

  • upcoming ET release in August [RH]
    • thorns to include
    • announcement of major improvements / bugfixes
    • support for common OS
    • milestones: 2018-08
  • new user tutorial issues: 2149 2150 [2004 2147 [RH]
  • possible issue with QLM: 2160 [RH]
  • Backward compatibility in PreSync [SC]

Minutes are here

2018-06-25

Minutes are here: here

2018-06-18

No meeting on 2018-06-18 due to ET meeting at GT. ET meeting summary slides.

2018-06-11

Meeting minutes are here

2018-06-04

Meeting minutes are here

2018-05-28

Meeting minutes are here

2018-05-21

  • [RH] working group updates next week
  • [RH] incorporating WK's con2prim in GRhydro
  • [RH] server status
    • captchas on wiki sites
  • standing item: unanswered / ongoing questions on mailing list

Minutes are here

2018-05-14

  • [RH] planning for next ET release (due in June or August)
  • [RH] server status
    • ssl on trac and wiki sites
    • captchas on trac and wiki sites
  • standing item: unanswered / ongoing questions on mailing list

Minutes are here

2018-05-07

  • [RH] planning for next ET release (due in June or August)
  • [RH] server status
    • ssl on trac and wiki sites
    • captchas on trac and wiki sites
  • standing item: unanswered / ongoing questions on mailing list

Minutes are here

2018-04-30

2018-04-23

Minutes are here

2018-04-16

(Cancelled due to APS April Meeting?)

2018-04-09

Minutes are here.

2018-04-02

Minutes are here

2018-03-26

Minutes are here

2018-03-19

  • Status on updating Trac [SB]
  • Update on the working groups? [SB]
  • reviews of code to be included [RH]

Minutes are here

2018-03-12

  • Status on updating Trac

Minutes are here

2018-03-05

  • upcoming workshops [RH]

Minutes are here

2018-02-26

  • upcoming workshops [RH]
  • tickets for the next release [SB]
  • discussions on the mailing list [SB]

Minutes are here/

2018-02-19

  • Erik will give a summary of a Perimeter Institute workshop [ES]
  • Talk about tickets that didn't make it into the release [SB]
  • upcoming workshops [BK,SB]
  • update on openmp scaling on stampede2 [JH]

Minutes are here

2018-02-12

  • no agenda

Minutes are here.

2018-02-05

Minutes are here.

2018-01-29

  • [EB] [HW] Announce cosmoparticle mailing list and invite subscriptions.
  • [RH] [YZ] Failing tests in PITTNullCode when using --fast-math
  • [RH] status of ET testsuites for release
  • [RH} Hydro_RNSID review results
  • [JH] OpenMP Scalability

Minutes are here.

2018-01-22

Minutes are here

2018-01-15

  • [RH] ET release planning
    • date for release
    • thorns to include
    • items past inclusion deadline
    • status of review requests
  • [RH] ET US workshop at GT
    • dates
    • program
    • committees

Meeting minutes are here

2018-01-08

  • standing item: unanswered emails on list

Meeting minutes are here

2017-12-04

  • [EB] [HV] Discussion on Cosmo/Particle WG [5]
  • [RH] ET tutorial machine moved to JetStream at TACC but still through NDS
  • standing item: unanswered emails on list

Meeting minutes are here

2017-11-27

Meeting minutes are here

2017-11-20

Meeting minutes are here

2017-11-06

  • [RH] status update on the ET tutorial machine [8]
  • [RH] status update on the ET Jenkins server and failing tests
  • [RH] working groups [9]
  • [RH] rework tutorials using methods of software carpentry [10]
  • standing item: unanswered emails on list

Meeting minutes are here.

2017-10-30

Meeting minutes are here.

2017-10-23

Meeting minutes are here.

2017-10-16

[This will likely overlap with a LIGO/Virgo announcement]

2017-10-09

no meeting

02-Oct 2017

  • [RH] update on Euro ET workshop in Mallorca, Oct 11-14, http://grg.uib.es/EinsteinToolkit2017/
  • [RH] thorns for inclusion: GiRaFFE, RNSID. Review status?
  • [RH] Jenkins status update
  • [RH] Comet lustre data corruption update
  • [RH] Next ET release date

Meeting minutes are here.

25-Sep 2017

  • The cactusmaint@cactuscode.org email address is the one all users are directed to on cactuscode.org, and it seems to not work. Do we want to fix it, or just steer users to users@einsteintoolkit.org?
  • Please send to Gabrielle Allen any pictures or movies that can be used for Edfest. A first version of the movie is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpmcwmw6ewdklkf/EdFest.mp4?dl=0
  • First working group added to wiki, along with policies, procedures -- suggest that the first meeting of each month includes a review of milestones. I didn't get to work on the others from the SI2 proposal this week :(.

Meeting minutes are here.

18-Sep 2017

  • Progress on new tutorial machine setup

Meeting minutes are here.

11-Sep-2017

  • Demo of the RunView tool by Anna Neshyba and David Koppelman. This tool uses PAPI and CactusTimers to generate a graphical output (html) of Cactus performance.
  • Is it time for a new release of Cactus? The lack of new releases led at least one online user to conclude that Cactus was a dead project. Perhaps we should have a new Cactus release with each release of the ET?
  • Creation of a popular book about the science done by the Einstein Toolkit (Steven) -- I was thinking about ways to improve the visibility of the platform and attract new users and/or funding. Coincidentally, I've recently had some experience figuring out how to publish books on various platforms. These days it's fairly straightforward to publish books with no cost as paperback and ebook, or even hardcover. I was thinking that many of the people working on the ET could write a chapter, and I could handle the publishing. One can configure any level of profit for such endeavors, and I would like to suggest zero, since there are probably legal issues with the toolkit actually making money from such a thing. Does this sound like something people would be interested in?
  • switch ExternalLibraries over to github: svn checkout https://github.com/rhaas80/GSL

Meeting minutes are here.

28-Aug-2017

Minutes: http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2017-August/005739.html

21-Aug-2017

Minutes: http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2017-August/005739.html

14-Aug-2017

07-Aug-2017

Minutes: http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2017-August/005706.html